Do you love cannabis? Are you searching for reliable, award-winning seeds? Do you want rock-solid customer service? You’re in the right place! With 30 years’ experience as the #1 seed back, our cannabis seeds cater to every budget and need. Can’t wait to get started? Check out our selection below
When deciding to buy cannabis seeds, choosing the best source is the most important decision a grower makes. While good growing conditions are important, the genetic makeup contained within the seed is the determining factor behind a plant reaching its full potential, whether indoor or outdoor. The genes contained in selectively bred cannabis seeds are the key to a successful crop. Sensi Seeds maintains an extensive and unique collection of cannabis genotypes, making the very best seeds, whether regular, feminized or auto-flowering, available for purchase.
A wide selection of high-quality cannabis seeds
Achieve the best possible start by choosing from the wide selection listed here. It includes those used for prescription medicinal cannabis in the Netherlands, as well as many of the most famous and distinctive hybrids in the world. A considerable number of varieties from Sensi Seeds and sister concern The White Label Seed Company have won prizes in international competitions. The true sign of quality, however, is in how many satisfied customers return time and again to buy our seeds, knowing that not only the strain genetics but also the attention to customer service, discreet shipping and professional aftercare are absolute priorities.
From beginners to cannabis experts
All levels of expertise are catered for, whether one has a lifetime of growing experience or is a complete novice armed only with enthusiasm. In either situation, genetics are often the deciding factor in the eventual outcome.
The website category filters enable visitors to easily discover which types are most suitable for their experience level. There is even a selection tailored especially for beginners, featuring the easiest to grow options, many of which are also very affordable. Pack sizes from three up to twenty-five seeds per pack for most types are also economically helpful.
Other filters include flowering time, yield, and climate. Advice on everything from germination through cultivation, flowering and harvest can also be found on the Sensi forum, where visitors can share their experiences and ideas. Sensi Seeds aims to also cultivate a cannabis community!
Ten Interesting Facts About Cannabis Seeds
- There is no visible difference between regular, feminized, or auto-flowering cannabis seeds, indica or sativa seeds, and seeds for growing industrial hemp. For this reason, always buy from a reputable seed bank to be assured of authenticity.
- Most marijuana seeds are around the size of a match-head but can vary by variety from not much larger than a tomato seed to as big as a small pea. This is not an indication of the size or health of the cannabis plant that will grow from it. Often – but not always – the seeds of sativa plants are smaller than those of indica types.
- Marijuana seeds contain a near-perfect balance of the essential fatty acids Omega 3, 6 and 9. These are vital to human health and cannot be produced by the body. It is better to eat seeds of hemp rather than cannabis as the former is a lot cheaper, and there is no difference in the EFA content – just the THC content of the plants they produce.
- The oldest known cannabis seeds are 2,700 years old and were found in 2007 in a grave in China. Ancient cannabis bud which would have produced THC, CBD and other cannabinoids, has also been discovered.
- A single plant can yield hundreds and even over 1000 seeds depending on its size and the efficiency of pollination during flowering. Some hemp strains are bred to enhance this production for when seeds are the primary crop.
- The best temperature to store your seeds is 5 – 7 degrees centigrade, which is usually the temperature of the door in a domestic refrigerator, handily enough. They should also be kept perfectly dry to avoid both mould and premature germination.
- In many countries, the possession of cannabis seeds is legal whereas growing them is harshly punished. Many people are forced to buy and preserve their seeds as collectors’ items.
- Hemp seeds were taken on long sea voyages during the Dutch Golden Age of naval exploration. If stranded, the sailors could use some of the seeds as a nourishing food source and plant the rest, relying on the rapid growth and multiple uses of hemp to fix their ships.
- Hemp seeds were used in religious rites by the Scythians, the ancient race which gave their name to the scythe thanks to their use of these curve-bladed tools to reap their crops, including hemp.
- Hemp seeds are a common ingredient in bird food, and there is an urban legend in the UK of someone – usually a grandmother – emptying the bird food bowl at the bottom of the garden and later being arrested for the bushes they were unwittingly growing from their “weed seeds”.